Sunday, September 13, 2009

SKETCH IT UP DAWG!


For our first real assignment in Computers and Art we were assigned to make 3 universal icons or symbols. So we were sent off on our own to brainstorm ideas and come back with 10-50 sketches. Naturally I would do only 15. In my defense I really liked my first idea so I didn't really want to draw ideas that I knew I wasn't going to do. For my brilliant, amazing, wonderful idea, I decided to kind of make fun of Windows operating system. I always joke about how much I hate it after being a faithful Apple user since 2003, yes this is true, hence the idea. With that said, I began sketching my little heart out sitting out on my back porch for about 3 hours, I slowly but surly sketched my idea. The top.... 10 or so I did the typical stick figure icon and played on different things that happen to windows computers all the time, like crashing and getting viruses. The bottom 3 sketches or so I made the Windows sign a character and sketched things such as the Windows guy smoking "The Chronic" and such... my first idea ended up being the winner but he still wanted some more thinking about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment